What IWS Fans Are Saying

Friday, October 5, 2012

Careful What You Wish For

Cheers and Hello my IWS friends.

Matt-Man here to give you a little something, something, about friendship.

Now, dig it…

Many months ago, I told a strange yet true story about how my wife would never divorce me, because well, it wasn’t on her “things to do list”, even though I had begged her to do so for years.

Well, lo and behold, I guess it is now.

It seems that as our son Ryno, is creeping upon college age, she would finally like to get divorced, so that he can accrue more Financial Aid and perhaps tuition relief than he would get if his mom were otherwise married to me.

Really? Not so fast, Miss Matriculation. Allow us to cover some facts…

We split up some twelve years ago…In those twelve years, you berated me, chided me, told me I was no good, and otherwise said to me and the world, “Matt sucks.”

In addition to never being able to see my own kid (because I’m a danger, and live with a woman who neither hits me nor spits on me) within the confines of my own house, which I could have court ordered that I did, I let it go, and amicably let by gones be by gones and serviced you with money.

But…You never seemed to want that divorce thing, and in fact, you said it was me that was preventing it. We both know that was, well…not true.

But I digress…Okay no I don’t ..In fact, I have more shit to say about you.

Nowwwwww it seems, you want that divorce so you can get a little more money from those who give financial aid. Sure, you make fun of my income because it comes from a Drive-Thru, all the while accepting my income in the form of child support, but now…You want to make it appear as though it doesn't exist.

I don’t hate you, however, you never really thought all this out did you? You just decided that you and Ryno could get by on life by hating me, and every month you could collect your version of 200 dollars and Go.

There were many nights that I cried, because you took hold of Ryno, and kept him from me. There were many days that I felt awful, because I felt that I did the wrong thing by leaving, but…

Not so much anymore, because of the things you do, and you do it with such a, “What? I am just trying to look out for Ryno.” M’eh…you are looking out for yourself.

And that’s fine, and whatever you want I’ll give to you, because I have been dreaming of this day for years, but just remember….

Once we get divorced, there is no tax-free money, there is no "can I have some extra", there is no anything, in fact…

Come June 2013, there is no nothing, other than what I give Ryno, and just like my soul at that point, you’ll have no control over it.

Cheers!!

mattmaniws@ymail.com
@MattMan_IWS

12 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

I'm sure she'll be totally thankful to you for this. Or not.

Jay

Mike said...

Where I go hitting and spitting costs me extra.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It never ceases to amaze me what women will do to men in the name of the children.
Go Matt Man!

I'm With Stupid said...

Jayman: I don't think thankfulness is n her DNA whatsoever. Cheers Jayman!!

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: Ha. I am just glad to be away from it Mikey-Boy. Cheers Mike!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Peg: why thank yo very much. That's nice to hear. Cheers Peg!!

Matt-Man

Dana said...

Now I'm feeling like a jerk for staying married (yet separated for 3 years) so that I have health insurance coverage for Cam.

Does it count that he doesn't pay any more to keep Cam covered? That he pays the same family rate to cover his "real" kids covered as he does to include Cam??

PLEASE tell me I'm not like your "ex"-wife!


I'm With Stupid said...

Dana: Nooooooooo. You never hit me or spit on me, and you even had the opportunity to do so, and oddly enough...I like you more than I do her. Cheers Dana!!

Matt-Man

Jo said...

Free at last, Matt. She, however, will be stuck with herself forever.

Knight said...

Luckily you did get out of there which gives Ryno the opportunity to witness and understand what a worthwhile relationship should be like. Which reminds me, give him my number would ya?

I'm With Stupid said...

Jo: Yeah I know and I think in those terms. I still get pissed off once in awhile though. Cheers Jo!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Knight: Hee...Well pass your number onto me and I'll make sure he gets it, or in all probability, I'll keep it for myself. Cheers knight!!

Matt-Man