What IWS Fans Are Saying

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Albatross Is Off Of My Neck!!

IWSRADIO.COM
Day after day, day after day,
We stuck, nor breath nor motion;
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.  --Samuel Taylor Coleridge

For the past few months, I have been in quite the funk.  Not a depressing suicidal funk where I hate life and all which it entails, but rather a funk that comes from being in limbo…from spinning counter-clockwise in a whirlpool of uncertainty that results from being stuck in the Horse Latitudes of life.

I have been married for twenty-seven years.  Of course, for the past fourteen of them I have been separated.  I know, crazy, right!?  Anyhoo…Finally…After all of this time, my future former ex-wife has petitioned for a dissolution.

For years, I have joked about still being married. Made merry about it, and both the Jayman and I have played Torn Between Two Lovers countless times on our IWS Radio Show, however…

It has been bugging the hell out of me, that I in a sense, had that albatross of unfinished matrimonial business around my neck.  Well, my friends, that is now coming to an end and I feel happy about that.

I mean, I could whore around with the best of them in spite of still being legally married, but now, I have closure, so now I can whore around without even experiencing the scintilla of guilt that I never experienced in the first place.  Wait…What…Anyhoo…

On top of that good news…Yesterday around 7 PM, my brother Marty called me to tell me that a family closed on the purchase of my late brother Vinnie’s house, and his estate will finally be closed out after some sixteen months.

Marty put a lot of work into that house and has been busy taking care of bills and such since our brother’s death, and at long last, he can breathe easier and the entire clan can move on from the cold and methodical business end of the legal issues of death.

In other words, if Vince left me enough money in his will, after I buy a new set of teeth, there may be a line of IWS Radio T-Shirts and can cozies on the market.  Yeah…you heard me right.

But seriously…Loose ends no matter how great or small, while not necessarily giving a person the feeling of dread, fear, or as I mentioned earlier a case of the funk, they are just enough to create a feeling of ADD, lack of focus, or even worse, a sense of, why the fuck do I care about anything?

Anyway, yesterday was relatively full of good news, not because of the terminal and legal death of both a marriage and a brother, but because the outcomes give breeze to the sails of those who were stalling.

Swiftly, swiftly flew the ship,
Yet she sailed softly too:
Sweetly, sweetly blew the breeze -
On me alone it blew. --Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Cheers!!

Matt-Man

mattmaniws@ymail.com
Tweet Me
Facebook Me Hard

2 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Well GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD FOR YOOOOOOOOOOOOU! No really, good for you Matt! It's not having dark clouds hanging over our lives all the time.

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Jay: Ha. Indeed it is and thanks. Cheers!!

Matt