What IWS Fans Are Saying

Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Mind Wanders

Hola Y’all! Yeah okay, so I’m supposed to be blogging and instead I’m rolling through #RejectedYankeeCandles on Twitter faster than Taylor Swift goes through boyfriends. Seriously, at the pace she’s going she HAS to get down to me eventually, right? In fact, I’m guessing it happens in 2013. Late in the year, but it happens. It will be a glorious two weeks. Okay, 10 days.

Man it sure has turned cold here in God’s Country. I couldn’t get warm tonight so decided to put on a pair of socks. They helped but one of them had a hole in them so they weren’t as effective as they could have been. Anyway, we were originally told we would get up to 10 inches of snow. Instead we got less than two inches and it was gone by noon. What a huge disappointment. Just like me.

So how was everyone’s Christmas? That’s great. I had a pretty good Christmas but I’m glad it’s over. I like Christmas but by the time I watch “A Christmas Story” then open presents, then make Christmas dinner and basically eat until I hate myself, I’m ready for it to all be over. I would have taken down the tree today but I was too lazy.

Between college football bowl games, the NFL over the weekend and all those NBA games on Xmas Day, I watched a butt-load of sports the last few days. This caused me to post this over on the Tumblr Blog (with apologies to George Carlin) …

“I’m a scrappy, five-tool impact player who can take over a game and score from anywhere. I’m a tough, hard-nosed, old-school winner who can flat out play. I’m the consummate team player who can come off the bench and provide a spark by bringing a lot of energy to the game and get stronger as the game goes on. I’ve silenced my critics by being a great chemistry guy in the locker room and a go-to guy in the clutch who knows what it takes to win and if I’m even I’m leavin’.”

You know, I might just give up watching sports in 2013. I’ll have to wait until after the BCS Championship game of course. And, there’s the Super Bowl, don’t wanna miss that. I’ll still watch the NBA too but that’s probably it. Maybe I’ll watch Arkansas in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament if they make it. And the Four if Duke isn’t playing in it. Of course, I’ll want to watch the Master’s golf tournament and the US Open and British Open, but that’s all the golf I’ll watch. So yeah, that’s pretty much giving up sports. Well, until college football season rolls around again next fall.

Oops! Well, the old Midnight Easter Standard Time deadline just passed. I think this is the first deadline I’ve missed since we started this blog. Not that anyone will notice because I’ll just manually set the time so everything will look normal. And Matt-Man is old so he’s already asleep and won’t see this until tomorrow. So that’s cool.

Well, it’s time to find a hot picture of Taylor Swift and get this all uploaded so I can go to bed and not sleep. That way I will be tired and cranky when I go to Walmart tomorrow. That’s the best attitude to have when going there.

Jayman
Jayman3768@gmail.com
@Jayman_IWS

In other news we had yet another fun and charming episode of I’m With Stupid yesterday. We gave a Christmas recap, talked about Boxing Day, Kwanzaa and how much Cincinnati sucks (Hint: It sucks A LOT.) and all kinds of other stuff. So, check it out right here …


Listen to internet radio with Im With Stupid on Blog Talk Radio


6 comments:

Mike said...

'eat until I hate myself'

Oooooohhhhhh yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh.

I'm With Stupid said...

I understand why you were late posting this. It was a very deep, thoughtful, and moving piece of writing. Cheers!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: You recognize that? ha

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Matt-Man: It was? *rereads the post* ... Hmm ... I don't think so, but thanks anyway. ha

Jay

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find most of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.
Does one offer guest writers to write content in your case?
I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome website!
Feel free to visit my site ... FinderHostel.com

Jo said...

It sounds like you might need some change. I'm thinking costumes. Or a vlog series. Or an invigorating new shampoo.