What IWS Fans Are Saying

Friday, June 28, 2013

A Safe Place to Be Yourself and Do Your Thing

Hola! So yesterday, a day which will live in infamy, Matt-Man got to strike something off of his Bucket List. He finally got to do an N-Word post. Okay, I’m kidding. Kinda. Anyway, that satirical post accomplished its primary goal. Lots and lots and lots of page views! Hell yeah! *Hi-5’s Matt virtually*

There were a few people who didn’t enjoy that post though. No really! Some people found that post to be in poor taste or thought it was unnecessary to use the N-Word and blah, blah, blah. Well look, would I have written that post? OH HAIL NAW! Not on your life. But, that doesn’t really matter cause this blog here is a safe place for Matt, me or anyone else who is posting to speak honestly and post whatever they want.

This includes a satirical posts from Paula Deen.

This is primarily a humor/comedy blog. Matt-Man and I are both free to post whatever we want here. We don’t stop each other from talking about any topic or anything else, nor should we. Too many people censor themselves on their own damn blogs because they’re afraid they’re gonna upset someone or offend people or whatever. I've been known to do that myself. We shouldn’t be doing that.

Your blog is the only place where you will ever be totally free to be yourself, or anyone else you want to be. Even if you want to be Racist Paula Deen.  Back in the day I did a post on my old blog where I blasted Elizabeth Edwards that resulted in someone calling me a “pig” in the comments section and then telling me “I hope you get cancer and die!” Okay, fair enough. I like it when people speak their mind.

Having said that, I don’t always agree with Matt and he doesn’t always agree with me. I don’t always like what he posts and he doesn’t always like what I post. I’m sure there are times when Matt rolls his eyes at how hard I work to find a way to post a pic of a hot Asian babe even though it doesn’t really fit with what the blog was about. That’s perfectly acceptable.

So, why am I bringing this up? Well, I‘ll tell ya why. Whenever you happen to read a post here that you fine offensive or upsetting we most definitely want you to let us know. It’s a little odd that the only time we get any feedback from people is when they aren’t happy, but that’s okay. We very much respect your opinions and beliefs as long as you respect ours.

Yesterday, I got a few messages and emails from people who thought Matts’ post was in bad taste that thought we shouldn’t allow the “N-Word” on the blog. Plus a comment on a pic posted to the official IWS Facebook Fan Page. But, I dismiss that cause it came from a guy who I know to be a raging fucking hypocrite. I have no doubt Matt has also heard from people who either don’t like me or don’t think I’m funny or are bitter middle-aged white women who are jealous of hot, petite, sexy and exotic Asian babes. I’m just guessing on that last part. Point is you can't always make everybody happy and you can always worry about people's sensibilities. 

The people who had something to say about Matt’s post did so nicely and without name calling or rudeness or over the top OMG I’M SO OUTRAGED crap. I really appreciate that. But, there is one thing Matt and I would like to request of people who feel strongly enough about something to email and express their feelings.

Please make sure you direct your comments to the person who actually wrote the post.

That’s really all we ask and we think that’s more than fair. Seriously, we put our name on the posts ya know.Thanks for your cooperation.



14 comments:

Dana said...

I didn't read yesterday's post because I knew - based on the title - that it wouldn't sit well even though I knew the intent.

*shrugs*

And I think y'all are just begging for email ;)

I'm With Stupid said...

A thoughtful and well-written post Jayman. I did receive a personal message of concern from a friend of IWS Radio but, it like this post, was also well-written, thoughtful, and not harsh.

As for your penchant for petite Asian babes? That does make you a closet pedophile, you sick bastard. Cheers Jayman!!

jAMiE said...

I love you guys no matter what you post..I love your senses of humour...and I can laugh out loud reading along and further more, listening to the show.

While I am one of those middle aged white women who loves you guys..I accept that Jay, you love hot Asian women. I am not jealous of them nor bitter towards them..but Lordy I wish I had a body like them.

Well..one can't have everything!

Sigh.

As I said to Matt, write on, Jay..write on!



I'm With Stupid said...

Dana: I don't know about Matt but there are a few other things I'm begging for. ;-)

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Matt-Man: Why you gotta be so hurtful? Totally uncalled for. There will have to be payback for that remark.

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Jamie: Well we love you too babe. I don't hate middle-aged white women. Just the ones who take out their bitter rage on Asian chicks. ha

Jay

Unknown said...

Although I am a middle aged white woman...I too love hot Asian women, hot Asian men, hot white men, hot black men...but alas...I digress! Love you guys and your humor, cept for yesterdays post! As I made clear to both of you! Sorry Jayman! Honestly, while I read the whole post, hoping it would somehow redeem itself...I was so pissed by the time I got to the end, I didn't "notice" who wrote it! Will pay closer attention the next time I'm offended by something you guys write~love n hugs (virtually of course)!

I'm With Stupid said...

Shirley: I'm going to start working on something that will REALLY offend you so I can be even with Matt. ha ;-)

Jay

Gnetch said...

But haters mean you're famous, right? FAMOUS.

Knight said...

Thank you for bringing it to my attention that I have not done enough ranting and raving. I demand that you post more hot Asian women! For my closet pedophile trap that is.

I'm With Stupid said...

Gnetch: Exactly! Being famous is all that matters. ;-p

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Knight: Well, I tell you what. I'll hang out in your closet and from time to time you can open the door and rant all over me. Yeah, that didn't really make any sense at all.

Jay

Unknown said...

Cannot wait to see this one Jayman!

xjd7410@gmail.com said...

kate spade
toms outlet
polo ralph lauren
ghd hair straighteners
cartier watches
beats by dr dre
nike air max 90
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton bags
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
adidas uk
oakley sunglasses
giuseppe zanotti
oakley sunglasses wholesale
louis vuitton purses
ralph lauren outlet
nfl jerseys
hollister kids
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
gucci outlet
burberry outlet
kobe 8
jordan retro 4
louis vuitton
louis vuitton outlet online
louis vuitton outlet stores
toms shoes
chenyingying0709