What IWS Fans Are Saying

Friday, November 21, 2014

This Thanksgiving, Matt-Man Is Giving Til' It Hurts

With less than a week before America gluttonously celebrates Thanksgiving with food, wine, and Black
Friday shopping specials, I thought it would be nice to take time and reflect on the word Thanksgiving itself…Specifically, the last half of said word.

Giving.

While it is nice that at this time of year people trumpet with clarion call for what they are thankful, it would be nice to hear more from the trumpeting brass section of life about what people are doing in the matter of giving.

I being a humble man, hate to broadcast the many nice things I have done for others, but I feel perhaps it is time to exploit relate a couple of incidences of my generosity that I have shown recently in order to give people a push to do the same in their lives.

Recently, Jayman approached me and asked if we could not do a show this Sunday, November 23rd.  He said that he needed to spend quality time with his family in honor of Thanksgiving.  I said, “Of course, family comes first.”  However…

When Blog Talk Radio CEO Alan Levy was informed about us not doing this Sunday’s show, he with gnashing of the teeth and a less than competent posse of knife-wielding tech ninjas surrounding him said…

“You will surely do a show, or…you will surely die.”

Jayman along with a steel-spined and giving Matt-Man by his side, stood resolute…

Needless to say, we are still on Blog Talk Radio, but are not doing a show this Sunday.  And then?

The Beer Mine has a relatively new employee.  Beer Mine Beth has been with us for some seven months now and has kids…kids who desperately want, need, and hope to spend the blessed day of Thanksgiving with their mama, but…there was problem.

The Beer Mine (conveniently located at the corner of Elmore and Burnett Rd. in Bagwine, OH.) is open on Thanksgiving and Beth typically works on Thursdays.  Yours truly could not bear to envision her precious little ones spending Thanksgiving Day wiping away the tears, longing to be held in a maternal grasp while foraging on cold Beefaroni, so…

I told Beer Mine Beth that I would work Thanksgiving Day for her.  Sure I know…I could be spending it at home with my family, but, well…my family understands that the Welcome Mat laid upon the stoop of my heart and good-nature is one that reads:  “Wipe your troubles from off your feet; and at my giving table, please have a seat.”

Sure, it’s a pretty large welcome mat that contains that message, but let me tell you…the front porch of my heart is big enough to display it.

And well…That’s what I am all about this Thanksgiving...giving.  In fact, while some folks call me Matt-Man, some call me Matt, and others even call me Matty.  For all of the giving that I have been giving this Thanksgiving, I want to be known as the Amattican Red Cross.

Please follow my Christ-Like example, and as always…

Cheers!!

Matt-Man

mattmaniws@ymail.com
Tweet Me
Friend Me on Facebook

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are selfless, yet expect no reward for your selflessness. Not like those other people who are just nice do they can brag about it online.

I'm With Stupid said...

The only thing that exceeds your decency and selflessness is your modesty. You're my hero dude.

Jay

Also, Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm With Stupid said...

Katy: I appreciate your comment Katy, but my humility prevents me from going overboard and outright thanking you. Cheers Katy!!

Matt

I'm With Stupid said...

Jay: Upon reading that, I sit here blushing as I respond. Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving. Cheers Jay!!

Matt

Unknown said...

qzz0625
canada goose outlet
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
fendi handbags
reebok outlet store
michael kors outlet
nobis outlet
bulls jerseys
pandora charms
ugg outlet

yanmaneee said...

stephen curry shoes
curry 6 shoes
jordan shoes
longchamp
air jordan
air jordan 1
yeezy
curry 7
cheap jordans
hermes belt

Unknown said...

replica bags from turkey fake hermes h5x22k0j77 replica bags in london find out here now c9a40e5i25 replica designer bags replica bags from china free shipping replica bags manila gucci replica a0g19n8e73 replica bags in delhi