What IWS Fans Are Saying

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dr. Scholl's Knows Customer Service

Hola y’all! You know kids; customer service is a dying art in this country. We hear horror stories all the time, especially on social media. People take to Facebook, Twitter or blogs to complain about being treated poorly by companies and how bad their customer service is. National restaurant chains and the cable company usually get the worst run.

But, sometimes that’s just because it’s much easier, and usually more entertaining, to be negative. We don’t
hesitate to let people know when we are pissed off or annoyed or feel we’ve been mistreated. When we get good service we often forget to give companies props though. So, today here on IWS I’m gonna tell you guys about the TWO best instances of outstanding customer service I have experienced…

A few years ago I was in Las Vegas and decided to go to the Olympic Garden Gentlemen’s Club. IKR? I don’t normally go to places like that. Anyway, when I got there a bum middle-aged entrepreneur came up to me and told me that he would watch my car to make sure nobody messed with it for two dollars.

I thought that was a great service for someone to provide so I gave him a couple of bucks and thanked him. An hour or so and a few lap dances later when I came out of the club I was surprised to find him sitting on the curb next to my rental.

“I made sure nobody messed with your car man!” he said as I approached. I looked over at the car and back at him and said “You did a hell of job man. You probably deserve a bonus.” He immediately agreed and I gave him a five dollar bill because you should expect to pay for quality service. I also told him to splurge and get a burger or something at the Wendy’s next door.

“I might do that man” he said as he started to walk away. Suddenly he turned around and said “MIGHT get me a couple of cold ones with that too!”

Until yesterday that was pretty much the best example of quality customer service I had ever seen. Of course, I had never had occasion to see someone deal with the outstanding customer service you get from the BrownShoe Company who are the people who make Dr. Scholl’s shoes.  

As you probably know my friend lover and comedy partner Matt-Man had an issue with his new Dr. Scholl’s shoes that he purchased with his hard-earned money from Walmart. The sole was coming off after only three months of moderate use! Personally I was stunned.

Matt-Man firmly, yet humorously brought this outrage to our attention and decided to email the Brown Shoe Company and Dr. Scholl’s shoes a link to his blog post so that they too know about his pain and suffering.

And what happened, you ask? Barely an hour later they emailed back and offered to make things right. They gave him a code to use on their website to get a free pair of shoes to replace the defective ones. They didn’t try to argue with him, or worse, ignore him. They simply apologized for his inconvenience and made things right.

That, my friends is how customer service is done. There are a lot of companies out there, Cox Cable, Starbucks and most restaurant chains who could learn a good lesson from the Brown Shoe Company, the makers of Dr. Scholl’s. Because let me tell ya folks, not only does the Brown Shoe Company and Dr.Scholl’s know how to make shoes, they know how to treat their customers.

So here’s to you Brown Shoe Company and Dr. Scholl’s! You guys rock!




6 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Those guys put the soul and the sole into Customer Service. Heels, they are not. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Matt-Man: Some companies would have kicked you while you were down, but not Dr. Scholl's!

Jay

Dana said...

So happy to hear that Dr. Scholl's repaired your sole ;)

I'm With Stupid said...

Dana: His sole was the easy part. ;-)

Jay

Mike said...

Now take the bad shoe to the repair shop, get it fixed, and you have TWO pairs of shoes for the price of one.

jAMiE said...

Most excellent...well done Dr Scholls!

Walk on, Matt!