What IWS Fans Are Saying

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dr. Scholl's Footwear...Guilty of Malpractice!!

Cheeeeers and Happy End in Sight to the Weekend Day!!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thursday, a wonderful weekend, and if you’re a dad, I wish you a Happy Pre-Father’s Day Day, Day, Day.  Let’s see…

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday…yeah I got that correct, so…anyhoo.

In early March of this year, I received my income tax refund.

I was in desperate need of new tennis shoes, so I traveled five minutes up the road to one of the Wal*Marts here in Springfield, Ohio and purchased (along with some new underwear and a headset/microphone if you must know) this…

A shoe…Well, actually a pair of shoes, but this one in particular (it's the right shoe), is the subject of my post today, and is and has been the bane and pain of my ambulatory and fiduciary torment.

You see folks…that above picture is that of the right side of right shoe that I purchased barely three months ago; the left side of my right shoe, after only three months as I reiterate, looks like this…


I Know, Right?  What the hell?

As you can gather from the title of this post, the manufacturer of said show is Dr. Scholl’s, and I would like to have a word or two with them.  Here…Now, and yet…cordially.

The shoe itself is, er was...quite comfortable, and I was initially happy with my purchase which was somewhere between 29 and 34 dollars as I recall.  They felt good as did I, and then?

A couple of months into the life of the shoes?  Instead of walking on air, I began to walk on heartache, tarsal ache, and an ache associated with a quickly diminishing arch which resembled gout and Elephantiasis.

Here’s another picture of said, sad shoe…


It’s odd, but while the stitching of the shoe remains intact, the sole is completely divesting itself of the leather, and man-made material upper!!

When I first noticed this some weeks ago, as I tied my shoes to go to work, I tied them in a double knot...of OUTRAGE!!

In spite of my farcical sarcasm, I truly am somewhat pissed.  I mean c’mon.  I know 29-34 dollars isn't the national debt, but to me and for those with whom I live and help to take care of and contribute, it is not an insignificant amount of money.

I don’t want to get nasty with Dr. Scholl’s footwear, I just want to get a new pair of shoes, because three months for the life of a pair shoes is unacceptable.

Sure, it could have been an aberration...a rare substandard pair that I bought.  Perhaps this particular pair of shoes utilized glue from not only a losing horse, but one which never even made it to the gate.


And of course, I am not the type of guy who wants to give a black eye to a fine American company such as Dr. Scholl’s who raises Old Glory everyday and salutes their offshore accounts while selling Chinese made shoes, however…

I will contact them with a link to this post and voice my dissatisfaction, and I am sure they will recompense me with a new pair of shoes, and if they do that?

I will loudly and proudly say, “Way to go Dr. Scholl’s for doing the right thing!!”

However, if they do not…

IWS Radio will be all over them like a foot fungus, and they will quickly feel what Achilles felt, lo those many centuries ago.

Cheers!!

Matt-Man
mattmaniws@ymail.com
@mattman_iws 

6 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Outrageous! Stand firm Matt-Man! Don't let them walk all over you!

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Jayman: I shall remain rigid and resilient, and should their corporate soul not ache for my sole-lessness, I will impart the Shoe Horn of Justice upon them. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

Mike said...

Take that to a shoe repair shop and they will glue that sucker right back together.

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: Ha...Yeah, I'll get right on that. Cheers Mike!!

Matt-Man

Beth said...

Go get em tiger;)

I'm With Stupid said...

Beth: Rowwwwwrrrrrrr. Cheers Schmooooop!!

Matt-Man