What IWS Fans Are Saying

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Am Stuck in the Middle of a More Ass

Cheers, Suck It, and Go to Hell you Rotten Bastards!!

Ha!!  Take that!!

How did it feel reading that as you opened up this page?  It didn’t shock you.  Move you.  Or anger you at all, did it?

I didn’t think so.  And that my friends, has become a problem for me.  The last couple of days my posts have been late because well…I can’t think of anything to write about in a way that would elicit disturbed laughter and/or true outrage in people.

You know why?

I believe we Americans have become mental and emotional zombies, and that is making things difficult for guy like me who dabbles in the art of clever and sophisticated shock prose which we call satire.

Some of my malaise and lack of literary fire can be blamed on the weather.  For the past three months here in Ohio, we have had what seems like a mere four days of sunshine.  Seasonal Affective Disorder?  Oh yeah, there’s something to that.  However…

Much of the problem lies with our state of society and culture.  For instance…

Perhaps I could write an uproariously hilarious satirical piece about a conservative Governor in a conservative southern state who bolts from his duties, skips town, skips out on his wife, and hikes to Argentina in order to have sex with a hot babe in Buenos Aires.  Ha, Ha, and then, and then people dig it…Hee Hee…

A couple of years later this same wacky, adulterous Governor who left office in shame and disgrace runs in a special election to become the U.S. Rep. from South Carolina’s 1st Congressional District and garners more votes than any other Republican.  Ha…that would make a great piece of satire.  Well, it would have, however…

Last night?  Real life beat me to the punch line when Mark Sanford far outdistanced his Republican opponents in the aforementioned special election.  Thanks a lot South Carolinians!!  Fucking Gamecocks…

Or…or…yeah here we go…I could write a scathing, biting, and jocular piece of satire about the GOP, the party of moral superiority and fiscal frugality hosting a conference and two of the headliners are a half term Governor/reality TV star who gives birth to out of wedlock baby makers and a thrice bankrupted reality TV host.  Ha!!  That has possibilities maybe I’ll----

Wait…What?  That happened at C-Pac last week?  What the fuck?  See what I mean?  I guess one can no longer say, “Art, or in this case satire, imitates life.”, because life IS satire these days.  One big, satirical string of events after another.

How can I compete with life when life and actual events have become their own laugh factory to the point where the wacky and edgy are no longer wacky nor edgy?

Jay and I often joke about how politicians, pundits, and various people are quick to pop themselves in front of TV camera in order to feign outrage over the latest non-crisis or comment they had recently heard.  I think Jay and I have stumbled upon something that has happened in and to this country.

The reason that these folks feign outrage is because they have to fake it, because no one is any longer actually outraged…about anything!!  Anything that matters that is.

Oy…The last time I managed to actually outrage anyone through my satire was ayear and a half ago when I wrote about the “true reason” that Anders Behring Breivik went on a rampage and killed a smelt tin full of Norwegians.  Oh Baby!!

We had a more than a hand full of pissed off Norwegians (and Dutch people for some reason) more than a little ticked off at IWS.

But man…that was, as I said, a long, long time ago.  So I figure I have two options as to how to once again make an impression and elicit emotion through my writing.

I could one, step up my game.  Get better at it, be more creative, or number two…

Move to Norway.  Hmmmmmmmmm?

I think I’ll opt for option one because as I mentioned earlier…I get bummed out during the drudgery and dreariness of an Ohio winter; I bet I would become downright suicidal trying to live through a winter in Oslo.

Cheers!!
Matt-Man

mattmaniws@ymail.com
@mattman_iws  

10 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

I just don't know what you can do with people who go bonkers over Michelle Obama's sleeveless dress but are perfectly fine with waging a needless 10 year war that cost 4,500 American lives and $1.6 TRILLION dollars.

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Jay: Ha...Exactly!! It's a tough crowd out there Jayman, tough crowd. I just hope Obama doesn't hurt Netanyahu's feelings while in the Middle East this week. If he does, he should RESIGN,IMMEDIATELY. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

Mike said...

You could talk about your Chinese made underwear, your Vietnam made pants and your Indonesian made shirt.

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I found
this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much.
I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.


Feel free to visit my weblog; how to file for bankruptcy in florida

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: I beg your pardon good sir. I use only in the finest of Honduran made undergarments. Cheers Mike!!

Matt-Man

Jo said...

When I back up & just look at the state of things, it's astonishing how much has changed in a few years...socially, politically, what passes for the status quo. All we need are some traumatizing events & the fever will set in.

We're not too far gone though. It could turn around.

xjd7410@gmail.com said...

coach factory outlet
longchamp le pliage
oakley canada
louis vuitton outlet online
michael kors outlet clearance
kobe 11
louis vuitton outlet
true religion sale
pandora outlet
toms outlet
fitflop sale
air max
oakley outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
tory burch shoes
concord 11
rolex watches
louis vuitton outlet
oakley sunglasses
replica watches
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
adidas superstar
louis vuitton outlet
gucci belts
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin outlet
oakley vault
nike air force 1
cheap jordans
louis vuitton outlet stores
chenyingying0709

Unknown said...

qzz0625
uggs outlet
true religion jeans
swarovski outlet
michael kors outlet
fitflops sale
longchamp pas cher
mulberry outlet
new balance shoes
pacers jerseys
uggs outlet

jeje said...

xiajinyi
C'est certainement une asics gel lyte v femme corail chaussure de basket-ball de performance durable et substantielle chaussures homme nike presto qui est tout à fait abordable. Il est chaussures nike presto femme possible d'en garder un dans chacun des nike air jordan 4 retro homme autos de vos membres de famille, ou en asics gel lyte v grise et rouge donner un seul au membre de la asics gel lyte 5 coral reef famille ou au second. Les employeurs deviennent basket tn nike blanche très prudents pour augmenter le nombre de nouveaux employés. Air Jordan 1 pas cher

yanmaneee said...

hermes handbags
nike foamposite
off white hoodie
jordan 6
nike air max 90
jordan shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
cheap nba jerseys
christian louboutin
kd 11