What IWS Fans Are Saying

Monday, January 9, 2012

Rebound Relationships: Leave Them to the Professionals

Hello and Happy Monday to all of you warm and wonderful I’m With Stupid fans, and fine folks everywhere.

Right now you are probably asking yourselves…

“Who is this man of quasi-handsome, yet non-threatening good looks….of nebulous ethnicity, of youngish age, and indeterminate tax bracket, religious affiliation, or social status?”

Well, IWS friends…

My name is Bryan DeBroun and I am the official Rebound Relationship Guy of I’m With Stupid.

Along with the dozens of hot chicks who know me, many of you men know me, as well…well, many of you with ex-girlfriends anyway.

Oh sure, you may not know me as Bryan DeBroun, but know me rather as the guy into whose arms your most recent, yet now former and broken-hearted ex-girlfriend fell while seeking solace and harbor from the emotional upheaval of your break-up.

Over my lifetime, I have been many things to many women…a shoulder on which to cry, a friendly face with which to share a long sought after laugh, as well as a Freudian Surgeon who can repair a shattered ego.

While I cherish my lot in life as Rebound Relationship Guy, it is one that does not come without its difficulties and risks to both mind and body.

For instance…Now that I have revealed my identity, I’m sure that there are more than a few of you guys reading this, that want to track me down and beat the living shit out of me.

Please…I am not the guy upon whom you should exact your violent and infinite justice.  Nooooo.

I am but a mere teller of hopeful tales, a spinner of feel good yarns, and court jester to those ladies in need of a few weeks of faux love in order to rebuild their feline fiefdoms of sexual prowess and femininity within their core being.

You see guys?  I am not here to replace you permanently.  Hell, I don’t have the staying power nor the desire for that.  I am simply here to put your ex-gal on track.  To right her ship…To wish her "Bon Love-age", and send her back to the sea of singleness with a firm and even keel upon her stern.

I am not some diabolical emotional rapist who preys upon the vulnerabilities of a woman who has recently gone through the heartbreak and troubled waters of a romantic split.  Quite the contrary.

In fact, I am the Bridge Over Troubled Water that prevents the ladies from falling into the rushing waters of the abyss while helping them to reach the other side.

And guys, to reiterate my point, it’s the guy she meets at the other end of the bridge that you want to beat the shit out of, not me.

Now I know some of you are saying…

“Jesus Christ, DeBroun.  I don’t care what you say.  You are doing this for the rebound sex!!”

Not true…I rarely have sex with the rebound chicks.  We typically engage in tight hugs for her reassurance. A friendly swat on the ass, in order to let her know she’s still attractive, and mutual giggling as I innocently look in on her as she showers and ask her what she would like for breakfast.

In full IWS disclosure however…

There have been times during my myriad of 4-6 week rebound relationships that over our third bottle of wine while watching Steel Magnolias during the part where Julia Roberts dies, that I have innocently and inadvertently brought up how the chick’s last guy pushed her down the stairs, set fire to the stuffed animal he won for her at the amusement park, or got drunk at her mom’s funeral.

Whenever I make a slip up like that, they seem to want to cry, be held, kiss, and then just roll wet and naked with it.  It’s wacky, but I promise, never pre-meditated on my part.

Well my friends…I just wanted to say hi, introduce myself, and let you know that I am here to help you out should you need to rebound.

To all the guys, keep your chins up and fists off of mine, and to all the ladies out there…

When it's time to cross that bridge, remember...I am that bridge.

With the Deepest of Temporary Love,

Bryan DeBroun

email:  neshobadude@yahoo.com
Twitter:  @mattmaniws

And folks...Jayman interviewed the Matt-Man live on I'm With Stupid Saturday night. If you want to listen to a gut wrenching, deep, yet hilarious interview, give it a listen. It is 45 minutes of stellarosity...


Listen to internet radio with Im With Stupid on Blog Talk Radio

8 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Jayman: Hey Now, Tiger. The poor fella is just trying to help some sad souls out. Since when is that a crime? Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

Mike said...

Well "I" googled Brian deBrun. (You spelled his name wrong) And he's a freakin' LAWYER!! And...

"My faith in God is what defines me as a person. Fashion allows me to color that belief," says Charlotte trial attorney, Brian deBrun.."

... a Jesus freak, fashion nerd, freakin' LAWYER!!

Mike said...

And Jay.. You can put the rest of your questions to Matman in a meme format that he can answer here.

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: Well Mr. Google-Meister, you have evidently found the wrong Mr. BrYan DeBrOun. Our Bryan is nothing like that Brian, unless of course the chick wants him to be and then he's all over it. Cheers Mike!!

Matt-Man

P.S. There's something about his last name, DeBroun, that is interesting. What is it?

I'm With Stupid said...

Jack: Ding Ding Ding. Very Good, Jack. If we had a prize to give out, you'd get it. Cheers Jack!!

Matt-Man

Mike said...

I'm glad Jack got it. The only thing I could find with a more in depth search was - Paloma Recatero de Broun | Facebook.

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: Ha. At least your work ethic is undeniable. Cheers Mike!!

Matt-Man

Knight said...

His life sounds terribly boring. If he isn't getting laid what is the point?