What IWS Fans Are Saying

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Matt Said Jay Said 7-5-7

Matt rhymes, Jay free verses, You just don’t get it.

Matt: I’m here you big stud!
Jay: You got me anytime you want me big boy!
Matt: Who you calling “boy” bud?
Jay: YOU!
Matt: I’m a grown-ass man.
Jay: You don’t act like.
Matt: That’s not the point!
Jay: Oh, okay.
Matt: Like you’re “Mr. Mature!”
Jay: That’s a great nickname for me.
Matt: Or maybe “Mr. NOT Mature”
Jay: Pffffffffffffftttttt!
Matt: See!
Jay: Oh hey!
Matt: What?
Jay: Bryan Fischer says Obama was photoshopped into the Situation Room Photo
Matt: Oh I know! What a moron.
Jay: RIGHT? You can’t trust people who spell Bryan with a “Y.”
Matt: Nooooo Nor people who add a superfluous “C” to Fisher.
Jay: Exactly. Can’t believe the cable channels haven’t called us on this one.
Matt: I know! We were there so we know Obama was in the room…


Jay: Just another example of us not getting our due.
Matt: All I get is “payment due!”
Jay: Hey-OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Matt: My pain fuels my humor.
Jay: That it does.
Matt: Happy people are never funny.
Jay: No, they’re too busy bragging about how happy they are.
Matt: So damn boring.
Jay: IKR? All that cheeriness gets old fast.
Matt: And, they can’t be great comedians, writers or poets if they’re happy.
Jay: Exactly! Nothing to push the creativity out of them.
Matt: Just happy little boring blobs is all they are.
Jay: Well, they can be potaters.
Matt: What are potaters?
Jay: Bad poets who think they’re good.
Matt: Do you know any potaters?
Jay: Jewel
Matt: Ohhhhh yeahhhhhhhh!


Matt: Speaking of bad poetry …
Jay: And we were
Matt: Sunday is National Bad Poetry Day!
Jay: Well then!
Matt: Right??!!
Jay: All of our correspondents can record some poetry
Matt: It’ll be a beautiful thing.
Jay: And maybe some Tumbr poetry
Matt: And Facebook poetry
Jay: This is gonna be awesome!
Matt: And you know what else?
Jay: There’s MORE?!
Matt: Luis the Ice Man took the Oath and is an American!
Jay: He’s got to come on the show then.
Matt: He will!
Jay: Awesome!!!
Matt: Oh this is gonna be HUGE!
Jay: What a monster show!
Matt: I can’t wait!
Jay: Me either!


Be sure to catch “Bad Poetry in Motion” on IWS Radio Sunday at 12 Noon ET!!! 

3 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

I am playing with my swollen, personal couplet as I type this!! Can't wait!! Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

jAMiE said...

Is that really Jewel?

Hmmm, I would love to write a poem but I can't remember how. Maybe I'll look online for something to recite...not that I can do that either.

I'm doomed.

But the show will be great!

Mike said...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I can't rhyme
How 'bout Jay?