What IWS Fans Are Saying

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to School Idiots and Detroit PD Hiring

Hola y’all! You know, there really just isn’t crap going on at all. As we talked about on Sunday’s “Dog Days of Summer” episode of IWS Radio this time of year is just boring as hell. So, it looks like it’s time again for some random topics again. Try to hold down the excitement please.

- It’s Back to School time again! I’m already hearing ads on the radio reminding us not to pass the school bus and be careful in school zones and whatehaveyou. This week has been fairly pleasant weather wise, but I’m sure the local TV stations will be running reports asking “Is it time to air condition our schools?” soon enough.

That’s some bullshit right there man. Back when I was in school we only had certain rooms that had air. The “new” building at the jr. high and the library and four classrooms that didn’t have windows at the high school were the only ones air conditioned. I took Mrs. Stone’s English class just so I could be in a room with A/C. God she hated me.

- Has anyone seen this fake AT&T “Lawful Interception Recovery Fee” going around social media sites?


It’s amazing how people will just believe anything without checking it out. I mean, I realize that most people just believe it because they WANT it to be true, but don’t you guys ever get embarrassed falling for this shit?

What makes me mad though is that so many of the people who believe that fake AT&T bill have the audacity to claim IWS Radio isn’t really advertising on the side of Amish Buggies …


- Speaking of not-so-bright people and advertising, in case you haven’t heard the Detroit Police Department is hiring and they decided to advertise with IWS Radio last week …



I’m seriously considering doing it too! I don’t know much about being a cop, but I do watch a lot of police shows on TV and while they occasionally get shot at, it doesn’t seem like that bad of a gig. Besides, cops seem to be able to afford pretty nice houses or loft apartments and they marry super-hot chicks who they are apparently allowed to cheat on repeatedly.  I think to prepare for my life as a cop I will start answering my phone by just saying my last name like cops do also.

- I just found out that Yakov Smirnoff is leaving Branson, MO!! I’m devastated. How could I let him perform there for 20 years and never go to any of his shows? Now I think I should have gone to see him rather than Ray Stevens back in the day. Uhh … Maybe not. Ray was pretty funny. Anyway, that’s one less show for white people to go to. I hope there’s some added Kenny Chesney concerts or Jeff Foxworthy shows or something to keep them entertained.

- Only two more weeks until college football!!! I’m definitely ready for it even though Arkansas is gonna suck. It’s pretty hilarious to watch Hog fans though. After a 3-9 season last year and a whole new coaching staff you’d think they would be realistic, but nooooooooooooo. As the season gets closer they become more and more delusional and start saying things like “With our talent anything less than 8 or 9 wins is a failure.” What talent are they talking about? Eh, whatever. This is the year I ignore the message board and idiot fans and just enjoy the games. Probably. Well, I’ll try.


2 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

I think our Amish advertising campaign would take off like gangbusters if the Amish used the internet. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

Mike said...

'...Yakov Smirnoff is leaving Branson, MO!!'

WHAT!!!! Damn, and I was saving him for last.