What IWS Fans Are Saying

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Gotta Go!!

“Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.”

― Mitch Albom

I am not a huge Mitch Albom fan, but he has, over the years, written some stuff that is quote worthy.  And the aforementioned quote, is one of them.

Why is that you ask?

Well?  Let me tell you…

My brother Vince died yesterday, and well?  I still love him, and more importantly, he loves EVERYONE!!

No shit…Seriously?  Yes, he loved damn near every person in the world.

And here is the thing….The man was funny, and being funny is what we are all about here on IWS Radio.

And you know what?  Have you ever met that guy or doll who was unintentionally funny?  Yeah?  Well that was my brother, Vince.

I remember some 20 years ago, Vince and I decided to seal coat Mom and Dad’s driveway…Being men, we didn’t read the directions on the seal coat product.

We spent eight hours, 200 dollars, and a case of beer on a project that should have taken two hours, 50 bucks, and a twelve pack.

Neither Vince or I noticed that the seal coat product that we used worked best when water is applied to the driveway first.

However when we finally DID get finished…the driveway turned out to be the purest of ebony, while Vince and I were drunker than Lot while being accosted by his daughters.

Vinnie and I had many a good time together, some that are so heinous, that I shall not talk about today, nor will you, “Mizz Tanzy of the Rainforest”, whom Vince and I “met” backstage at the Greene County Fair in 1992 for the price of three Tilt-a-Whirl tickets and a warm, 24 ounce can of Pabst.

Shut your whore mouth, Mizz Tanzy!!

Vinnie was an anachronism as well…He as many of you know, kept the mullet.  He wore sweat socks with stripes, went to bed at ten, and at Christmas, instead of buying gift cards, he picked out awesomely personal gifts for people.

He was…my mom.  Okay, only I would have never breast fed from him, which I didn’t from my own mom, and now?

Okay, wait….This is getting creepy, but to get back to the point…

Brother Vinnie encapsulated and personified IWS Radio…

He was a guy who stayed on top of the news and would usually say of President Obama, Congress, or just about anyone who had something “important” to say…

“Really?  Are you fucking stupid?”

Yeah…He was more into personal fun and frivolity, and I mean that in a family way, and rather than getting caught up into the bullshit that is a politically driven life...

He loved his family; we still love him, and in the words of Mitch Albom…YOU still live among us, “even after you are gone.”

Here’s to you Vinnie.  Long may your Freak Flag wave!!

Cheers!!

Matt-Man
mattmaniws@ymail.com
@mattman_iws

13 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Here's to Vinny and his mullet!

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Jayman: Long may it wave in the wind and break like the straw that it was. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

Mike said...

RIP Vinnie.

jAMiE said...

Matt...I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. May he rest in peace.

Hugs!

Beth said...

Rest in peace my Vinny:)

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: He is doing just that. Cheers Mike!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Jamie: Thank you my friend and thanks for the hugs. Meow. Cheers Jamie!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Beth: He's already cleaning out God's gutters. Cheers Schmoooooop!!

Matt-Man

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Sorry for your big loss Matt Man.
(Love the photo's.)

I'm With Stupid said...

Peg; Thanks Peg. He will be sorely missed. Cheers Peg!!

Matt-Man

yanmaneee said...

pg 1
curry 7
off white hoodie
giannis antetokounmpo shoes
lebron shoes
yeezy boost
curry shoes
nike sb dunks
kobe shoes
westbrook shoes

Anonymous said...

kyrie 8
goyard
jordans shoes
bape outlet
hermes outlet
supreme hoodie
off white outlet
kyrie 8 shoes
yeezy gap
bape clothing

Anonymous said...

supreme clothing
supreme
yeezy
golden goose sneakers
kd 13
irving shoes
supreme official
bape hoodie
jordan shoes
off white