What IWS Fans Are Saying

Monday, May 6, 2013

Weight Loss Surgery and Sneaking Into the Country


Hola y’all! Man, what a day! I tell you what guys, there are two things I’ll never do. Well, other than the obvious “follow a strange man into a dark alley” thing. I’ll only fall for that once. Anyway, I’m never gonna have weight loss surgery nor will I ever try to sneak into the country. Both of those things terrify me.

We had our good friend Dana Lu (who you can fine here, here, here and here) on IWS to tell us all about her Sleeve Gastrectomy (or Gastric Sleeve)
today and there’s really nothing about it that sounds like fun to me. Basically, they take up to 85% of your stomach and leave you with about a 4 oz stomach and a sleeve to connect it somewhere to the small intestine. They didn’t even let her keep the stomach that they cut out!!

Now, she’s going through the process of getting back on solid foods. She did the liquids only thing and is now only allowed pureed foods. And not a lot at a time either. Basically, a tiny bit of chicken, one broccoli and two lima beans tossed into a blender and mixed all up into a liquid and that’s dinner! Bon Appetite!

And you know the worst part? As if it could get worse than no more double cheeseburgers for life? How ‘bout NO MORE SOFT DRINKS OR BEER FOR LIFE??!! Yup, looks like I’m never doing anything as crazy as this. I don’t drink anything other than beer and Pepsi! Well okay, I have some 2% milk on my Frosted Flakes.

Seriously though, this weight loss surgery thing is no joke and my hats off to Dana for having the courage and determination to do it. She clearly made up her mind to totally commit herself to not just have the surgery but the lifestyle change necessary to make it work and seems to be off to a great start in a new, healthier chapter of her life.

Then, it was time for The Ice Man Louis to come on the show. You know what this crazy guy did? He walked across the desert and sneaked into the US! … TWICE!!!! IKNOWRITE??!

The first time their “guide” got them lost and he just wandered up the main road and waited for the Border Patrol to pick his ass up and take him back to Mexico. The second time he made it to Phoenix, but was basically held prisoner there until he could buy his freedom.

Eventually he made his way to Bagwine, Ohio, became a LEGAL resident and by next year will be an American Citizen.

Seriously y’all, we’re all a bunch of pussies compared to some people. I mean, I guess we’re all capable of doing what Dana and Louis have done to make their lives better, but not all of us are willing to make the sacrifices necessary to do it. We had a great time with both Dana and Louis (and Louis’ wife Michelle who is a hoot!) today, but underneath the laughter and jocularity two really great stories were told on IWS today.

We have done 231 shows on I’m With Stupid, and while I’ve loved every second of doing each and every one of them, Losing it with Dana (and Louis) is, if not my absolute favorite and best show we’ve ever done, it’s at least in the top three. I highly recommend you check it out.


And you can do so by using BTR’s new fancy-pants player… 


Listen to internet radio with IWS Radio on BlogTalkRadio

4 comments:

Mike said...

Claudia said during the show that this was one of your better shows.

I'm With Stupid said...

Both guests were dripping in Awesome Sauce. It was a flat out good and interesting two hours. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt

Dana said...

Awww ... shucks *blushes*

It was great to be on the show and I'm thrilled that I made your top 3!!

I'm With Stupid said...

Dana: You rocked the house!

Jay