What IWS Fans Are Saying

Friday, March 15, 2013

I Just Don't Get It


Hola y’all! You know I’m a fairly smart guy. Maybe not the Einstein of our time, but not a moron either. I’m pretty good at figuring most things out or a least come to a basic understanding when someone explains something to me. But, there are some things I just don’t get. They make no sense to me, even when people try to explain the. Here’s a sampling of things I don’t get…

- People who follow people they hate on Social Media. I see this on every social media site in the entire world. People complaining about someone they follow. What’s really weird about this is that we’re usually talking about people who follow celebrities, news figures, athletes or some other kind of “famous” person.

Really? You hate them, think they suck, think they’re stupid, get pissed off at the things they post yet you won’t unfollow them? You’ll need to quit your fucking bitching, thanks.

If you’re follow a “regular” person and don’t want to hurt their feelings then, that’s life. Seriously, figure out how filters and shit like that work or just live with it.

- Passive-Aggressive People on Social Media. Seriously, posting passive-aggressive shit on social media is for cowards. If you’re too much of a pussy to contact someone directly then shut the fuck up.  

- Duke fans who didn’t actually go to Duke. I talked about this on our The Sound and the Funny show a bit. Sure, there are people who are fans of other college athletic programs who didn’t go to those colleges and have no connection to them, but when it’s people rooting for Duke who have no connection to the school its … well … sad. These are people who are desperate to be liked by the “elite” and hope they’ll be accepted into their “I’m better than you” club. You won’t be. They are as disdainful of you and condescending to you as they are everyone else.

- People who post things like “If you believe that gay marriage is okay and should be legal just unfollow me” and then bitch and whine that they got unfollowed. Shit dude. You fucking told me to unfollow you. Other people who belong in this group are “If you’re not a fan of then we just can’t be friends. Really? Fuck you and your shitty taste in music or TV shows or whatever.

- Why when someone is elected to office, they get to keep the title of that office for life, even if they eventually get ousted through election or have to resign in shame. Seriously, there are people wandering around this country who were mayor of a Redneckville or some other town for one term back in the 70’s who still get called “Mayor McWhatshisname,’ or congress or governor and most certainly Senator and even President.

You know, this is America. We don’t have royalty. You don’t get some title that tells everyone you have some superior social status and then keep it for life. If  you have to resign in disgrace … I’m looking at you Newt Gingrich … then there’s no reason we should be expected to refer to you as “Speaker” or any other title you once held.

Same goes for people who quit their office half-way through their term to go off and make money off of rubes and try to be celebrities. Right MIZZZZZZZZZZ Palin? Fuck if I’m gonna call HER “Governor.”

- Why Google is killing off Google Reader. I don’t want to hear about “declining use” because I think that’s bullshit. Yes, it’s true that Reader was and is probably impossible to monetize and doesn’t make them money. But, companies offer lots of products that aren’t profitable as “loss leaders” to keep customers loyal all the time.

Reader should be the same thing. Something that Google supports and keeps as thank you to all the millions and millions of people who are their loyal users and use Google Reader as their primary way of surfing the internet from Blogs to news to sports to hundreds of other sites they like to keep up with every day.

Killing off Google Reader is the ultimate “Fuck You” to people from Google.


7 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

I am glad Google reader is gone. I hated it...It exposed my mistakes!! Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

Dana said...

Jay, I am really starting to get concerned about the intensity of your Duk/Duke Fan hate. It seems to be all-consuming for you these days ;)

And Google Reader? Yeah ... don't even get me started. I am beyond irritated ...

Mike said...

I never used google reader. But I think they are trying to get people to quit by scaring them that it's going away. This is about the tenth time they have announced this.

I'm With Stupid said...

Matt-Man: Well too bad because everyone is just going to move over to another reader that will do the same thing.

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Dana: Passive-aggressive people, people who follow people they hate, Duke fans who didn't go to Duke ... This whole post was Dana Bait. ;-)

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: Naw .. they're getting rid of it because they hate us.

Jay

Dana said...

Dana Bait? Is that anything like Master-Bait?? :-P