What IWS Fans Are Saying

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The WeLoveSchmoop Fund is Now Open!

Hola caring and decent folks! Jayman here. So, as you probably know, our friend and Matt-Man’s BFF/OSP Schmoop has been going through quite the medical ordeal over the last six weeks or more. I won’t go through all of it, but you probably remember that she turned yellow back in October. Needless to say Matt-Man and others found this to be a bit disconcerting.

Schmoop ended up going to the hospital there in Bagwine and after a couple of days of tests and poking and prodding (Ed. Note: That’s Hot!) they said “Welp. You have a blocked bile duct, but we don’t know what to do about it. Better send you over to tOSU Med Center.”

After eight days there and tons more tests they finally drilled a hole through the blocked bile duct and put a tube in Schmoop (which is still in her) to drain the bile that was building up. Now that she is back to a normal color and back up to her playing weight, they are ready to go in and remove the mass that was blocking the bile duct.

This surgery will last anywhere from 3 to 7 hours and might include cutting out parts of her pancreas, liver and stomach depending on whether or not they can get the mass easily and whether or not it’s cancer.

Wait, I said I wasn’t going to go into all the details, didn’t I?

Okay, here’s the deal. Schmoop’s boss created a situation where she was unable to draw the unemployment benefits that HE TOLD HER TO APPLY FOR! So, because of that, she has missed out on at least six weeks of UE benefits. Needless to say this lost income has left Schmoop and Matt in pretty dire economic circumstances.

On Monday I got an email from Dana Lu with an idea of what we could do. She said we should set up a PayPal Acct for people to donate to so that Matt and Schmoop won’t end up homeless. I had been thinking of the same idea so we agreed to see what Matt-Man thought of it tell Matt-Man that we were going to do it. At first he didn’t like the idea, but eventually gave into my reasonable reasoning with him.

The idea is to try to help Schmoop recover the income she lost during this time that she has been denied UE benefits. So, with the help of Dana, here is a handy dandy little button that you can click on and make a donation to the WeLoveSchmoop Fund!

You don’t even need to have a PayPal acct. You can donate using your debit and credit cards. Just click the button and then put in the amount you want to donate (it’s up to you, no fixed amounts or minimums are set) and then over on the left side it tells how to use your debit or credit card. Or, if you do have PayPal you can donate by sending the money to the official email of the WeLoveSchmoop Fund which is ….

WeLoveSchmoop@yahoo.com

It’s so simple even I can do it!!!

So there you go folks, a chance to help a great human being whom we all love so very much. The donate button will also be on the right sidebar here for the next few weeks. This isn’t an open-ended thing and we won’t badger you (much) to donate. But, GIVE TIL IT HURTS PEOPLE!







7 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Thanks Jayman and Dana. You guys are wonderful for doing this. And I love the name of the fund. Jayman as I always I love you man, and Dana, I thank you for your participation in this, however, I think I may have unwittingly preemptively thanked you a couple of years ago..What? Did I say that out loud? Cheers and thanks guys!!

Matt-Man

Dana said...

You are very welcome Matt, and if that was a preemptive thank you?? Wait 'til you see my real-time you're welcome ;)

I'm With Stupid said...

Dana: Ha!! Very good, even Schmoop laughed when she read it. Thanks again Dana , and Cheers!!

Jo said...

I don't have much to give but I give with love and I really hope things start looking up for you guys.

I'm With Stupid said...

Matt-Man: No problem whatsoever dude. Okay, it was a bit of a problem, but I overcame it. haha ;-)

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Dana: That's hot. .... I think. ;-)

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Jo: I'm the same way. Every little bit matters though so thanks babe!

Jay