What IWS Fans Are Saying

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Taking My Anger Out on Others

Hola y’all! For some reason I had been in a pretty bad mood for the last week. I don’t really know why. Things haven’t been any suckier than they normally are. But, I was actually feeling kind of angry. You know one of those moods where you’re just begging somebody to cut you off in traffic. Or actually hoping some snot nosed punk at some store smarts off to you? Yeah, well that was me.

I get this way from time to time but usually something happens to snap me out of it. Or, I take the initiative and do something to get out of that mood. I remember one day at work a few years ago I went Michael Corleone on some of my coworkers.

I was completely frustrated with the place. Every little thing about all my coworkers and everything about the company I worked for sucked. Everybody was getting on my nerves and I couldn't get any cooperation from anyone. So, one day, in my little daydreams I took care of all family business:

The Paint Room Guy. This guy started out doing as little as possible on his first day there and got worse as time went on. Eventually he was producing at about 50% of what was expected. I listened to the bosses bitch about him almost every single day, but when I reminded them that they had the ability to get rid of him they would decide not to.

Until he walked into the oven room and the oven wasn't working properly. He pulled the stuff out of it and walked into the oven to look at a couple of things. Then “somehow” the oven door shut and it clicked on!! He was crispy bits in about 4 minutes. Poor guy.

Pretty Boy. We had this guy who thought he was God’s gift to women. He was always all over the place bothering them. Actually he was only there 3 days out of the week, but when he was there he spent most of his time chasing girls around. Again, nobody wanted to do anything about him. So I had to.

To avoid having to do his job he was building a crate to ship off a big die to be worked on. He was using a nail gun cause he was too lazy to just use a regular hammer. The nail gun never worked right and of course it jammed. When he tried to unjam the thing, it went off like 27 times right into his face. Poor guy.

Materials Guy. We had this sawed-off little prick that worked in the warehouse. He was about 5’2” and had a definite Napoleon Complex. He was always refusing to release stuff, not because he was busy or because there was paper work or any of that, but because he was just an ass-hole.

Unfortunately, a huge pallet full of extremely heavy raw plastics material fell on him. SPLAT! The only thing sticking out from under the pallet was his little feet.

The Boss. Our supervisor really didn't know much about the product of the lines he was boss over. He also wasn't very good at dealing with stress. Generally he just delegated it.

So, after he made an idiot out of himself griping at some people on the assembly line about something that he was totally wrong about he headed back to his office. The office was a modular free standing room made out of the same stuff as the cubes in the main offices.

He noticed that his computer was turned off. So he reached down and when he pushed the button to turn it on, his office went KABLOOEY!

Oddly enough after taking out all my enemies that day I remember feeling much better. And I was able to get past all the annoyances and get some things done.

So, apparently wiping some people out in my own mind is enough for me. So far anyway.

Jayman
Jayman3768@gmail.com
@Jayman_IWS


13 comments:

jAMiE said...

Gosh, now I'm frightened that I've been trying to convince you to try poutine for the past few mins...Lord knows what you'll do to me in a fit of utter frustration.

You are one dangerous dude!

Jamie, eh!

Mike said...

Dropping a pallet on a Napoleon Complex guy would be extremly satisfying.

Beth said...

I think we share the same mind;)

Gnetch said...

This post proves that men have PMS too!!! Haha!

I'm With Stupid said...

I am so glad that you and I don't physically share the same studio. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

Edita said...

And that is how I survive each and every day.
Don't scream murdered just yet. Scream MIND MURDERER!!! Or just scream, that will do too.

I'm With Stupid said...

Jamie: Oh not to worry. It's the restaurant chef who would be in danger. haha ;-)

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: I needed a cigarette after I did it.

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Beth: Freak! ;-)

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Gnetch: And we're ALMOST as dangerous as women. ha! ;-p ;-p ;-p

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Matt-Man: That would be a hot mess if we did.

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Edita: Yeah, just SCREAM!!!!

Jay

Jo said...

We're practically soul-twins.