What IWS Fans Are Saying

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Open Letter to Frank Bonner


Dear Mr. Bonner,

Holaaaaaaaaaa! My name is Jason Adams AKA: Jayman and I, along with my radio and comedy partner Matt Mahoney AKA: Matt-Man would like to invite you to be a guest on our I’m With Stupid podcast.

As a fellow Arkansawyer (or Arkansan, if you prefer) I have been a big fan of yours since you played Herb Tarlek on WKRP in Cincinnati. I can’t tell you how much pride I felt the first time I watched that show as kid and saw that Arkansas Razorbacks coffee mug on Herb’s desk. I remember excitedly telling my mother to check that coffee mug and she too was very proud to see it. I think her words were “Hey! That’s pretty cool.”

Also, I was born in Yellville, Arkansas, which is, as you know, home to the annual Turkey Trot Festival and National Wild Turkey Calling Contest featuring the Ms. Turkey Trot and Ms. Drumsticks competitions. My mother, the JayMom, was actually on the Turkey Trot committee for several years and my grandmother, Nana Creta, was the Grand Marshal of the Turkey Trot parade in 2010.

I tell you all about that because every year up until 2011 they threw live wild turkeys from airplanes over the Turkey Trot Festival. This is something you probably already know and was the inspiration for the greatest episode of any sitcom in the history of television. That would be Season 1, Episode 7 of WKRP in Cincinnati  titled "Turkeys Away" where the Pinedale Shopping Mall was bombed by live turkeys and ended with Arthur Carlson uttering one of the most memorable lines ever:

“As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.”

While I have continued to follow your career after your WKRP days, through Sidekicks, Just the Ten of Us, Saved by the Bell right up to today as I eagerly await the 2013 release of the feature film Living the Dream, it is your iconic role as Herb Tarlek that I truly love still today. I’m With Stupid internet radio show is broadcast LIVE every Wednesday at 11 am ET and Sunday at 12 Noon ET. The show is recorded and available 24/7 through the show archives. The show is also posted on our official website, Tumblr and Facebook page. It is also heavily promoted on multiple social media platforms.

IWS is currently the NUMBER ONE rated comedy show on Blog Talk Radio and our vast and diverse worldwide audience is growing by the day. We have consistently been in the top five of the comedy ratings for months now and have no intention of slowing down. Mr. Bonner, it would truly be the highlight of my internet radio career if you could find the time in your very busy schedule to come on our show. I know you get requests all the time and I know they can’t all be filled, but it would mean so much to me both as a fan and fellow Arkansawyer (again, Arkansan, if you prefer) if you could be our guest the I’m With Stupid podcast. If neither of our regular program times is good for you, we can do a special episode of IWS to accommodate you. I look forward to hearing from you and will provide the call in number and other details as soon as we are able to confirm your appearance.

Your biggest fan, Jason Adams

 Jayman

Jayman3768@gmail.com

@Jayman_IWS 


Be sure to check out the I’m With Stupid podcast! The #1 Comedy show on Blog Talk Radio!

 
Listen to internet radio with Im With Stupid on Blog Talk Radio

7 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Four words...We Need the Bonner. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

Mike said...

It's been awhile since I've seen the whole WKRP bit. Funny.

I'm With Stupid said...

Matt-Man: I see no reason why he would turn us down.

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: I think you see most of the episodes on YouTube and/or Hulu. Great show.

Jay

DWei said...

I don't know who this guy is unfortunately. :(

I'm With Stupid said...

DWei: Just one of the great actors of our, or any time. You should check out WKRP in Cincinnati on Hulu or YouTube. Great show. Very funny.

Jay

Jo said...

I never watched the show but I still hope you get your Bonner.

Wild turkeys are like round ninjas...smart, mean as hell and they'll peck out your eyes!

Did they really drop them from the sky?