What IWS Fans Are Saying

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Matt Said, Jay Said LVI

Matt coughs.  Jay sneezes.  You grab a surgical mask, and listen.

Matt:  Hey Jay.  Thanks for doing a Thursday morning phone call instead of our normal Thursday night.
Jay:  No prob.  I have people covering my pre-existing conditions, er…appointments.
Matt:  This sore throat is a bitch. Hurts to eat, to drink, to talk.  Oy.
Jay:  Wow.  Should I list you as probable, questionable, or doubtful for Sunday’s show?
Matt:  What?  Are you suffering from Fantasy Football withdrawal?
Jay:  Not at all, why?

Matt and Jay:  (Cough, Sneeze, Cough, Sneeze)

Jay:  Hey?  In this Sunday’s intro and since you are not well, should I replace your singing with a file off the bench?  Say…Mitt Romney singing America the Beautiful in order to bolster our line-up?
Matt:  Our Line-Up?  Focus Man.  Dear God.  There is no Fantasy Football this ye---
Jay:  Oh wow…Man I don’t know where my head was at.  I am sorry.  Okay I’m good to go now.
Matt:  Okay.  It’s all good.

Jay:  Man…Between my allergies, your whatever, and now this withdrawal thing, we’re a medical mess.
Matt:  No shit…It’s amazing how even simple medical maladies can screw one’s life up even for short periods.
Jay:  IKR?  I had to throw a half a plate of Lemon Poppy Seed muffins away, because I sneezed on them.
Matt:  Really?
Jay:  Well yes and no…I mean, I did sneeze on them, but I figured it was my own sneeze, so…I didn’t really throw them away.
Matt:  Understandable.  I guess you just considered them to be glazed at that point.
Jay:  Exactly. It’s a sin to waste food, y’know.

Matt:  (Cough)
Jay:  Hey…This Sunday we could talk about all of this.  You know, how it sucks to get sick.
Matt:  It is that time of year.  Cold and Flu season is fast approaching…obviously.
Jay:  Exactly.  We could talk about the times we have been sick.
Matt:  Hospital stays.
Jay:  Hot Nurses.
Matt:  Funny diseases.
Jay:  Death Panels.
Matt:  The color of the gallon of funk they drained from my lung.

Jay:  What color was that, exactly?
Matt:  I guess you’ll have to wait til’ this Sunday at Noon ET to find out!!

Jay:  Aw Man, this is gonna be epic.  I may even impart what kind of Doctor I always wanted to be.
Matt:  I have an idea as to what that might be.
Jay:  Maybe so, but you won’t know for sure until this Sunday at Noon ET as IWS Radio presents…A Couple of Sickos.

Matt:  I like it.
Jay:  Me too.
Matt and Jay:  I think we’re set.

10 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

I sprayed my computer with Lysol before opening this page.

Jay

Anonymous said...

Very funny! Can't wait! Blessings for good health to you both!! Miss!

I'm With Stupid said...

Jayman: That was probably wise, and as always on your part, quite thorough. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Miss: Thanks. We'll try to be alert and ambulatory for the show. Cheers Miss!!

Matt-Man

Mike said...

I've heard the internets can transmit viruses. That's probably why I'm sick too.

Gnetch said...

I can't stop sneezing now! Yes! I'll have an excuse not to go to work! Haha!

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: No Mike, you are sick for so many other reasons. Cheers Mike!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Gnetch: Excellent. We're here to help. Cheers Gnetch!!

Matt-Man

Unknown said...

It doesn't sound like either of you is going to make it to Sunday.

Y'all have obviously been imbibing the cough medicine already...

I'm With Stupid said...

Katy: Hey now. we're professionals. Cheers Katy!!

Matt-Man