What IWS Fans Are Saying

Friday, February 3, 2012

I Am Matt-Man, But You Can Call Me Job

Cheers and Happy Friday Chuckleheads…Matt-Man here to help you get your big, Super Bowl XLVI weekend kicked off right.

And how will I do that, you ask yourselves?

In order to help you make you feel great about yourselves, Ima gonna tell you about all the simple, yet highly irritating misfortunes that occur to me at the most inopportune times.

Oh yeah, Bitches…

While I am not one who adheres to deadlines and timelines by any means, every day annoyances happen to me right on schedule, meaning…their schedule.

Like last night for instance.  I got home around 9:15 PM knowing that it was me who was scheduled to post on IWS for Friday.  I had put some thought into it while at work, and decided I would write about all the garbage some people post on Facebook.

I’d get home…Re-read some hilarious religious, political, and oh woe is me posts on Facebook and make fun of them.  Simple enough, right?

Sure…If you’re not me.

I got home, went to get on Facebook and voila…I couldn't read anything on Facebook, because using MY browser on MY computer, it was all fucked up.  I asked around to see if others were having problems.  Nope, not a one…Just yours truly.  And then I began to think…

This kinda stupid shit happens to me all the damn time.

Dig it…This past week, I did nine sets of taxes for various people including myself.  Three sets of Federal, State, and Local tax returns.

Eight of the nine returns were accepted as correct.  Guess whose State return was screwed up due to a simple, tiny mistake?  Uh-huh…

Mine.

Hell, yesterday my BFF/OSP Schmoop already got her State refund which I did for her only days ago, and what did I get for my efforts?  Nothing, but the right to be nicknamed, H&R Blockhead, and a one way ticket to Palookaville.

A couple of weeks ago, I was running incredibly late for work.  I managed to get showered, dressed, and ready to go when what did I hear?  A whooshing sound.  A wet, warbling, whooshing sound.  The toilet was running and about to run over.

After cursing my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and his Almighty, practical joke wielding Father, I fixed the toilet, ran through the wind and rain to work, and arrived with two minutes to spare.

Desperately in need of a smoke, I stuck my hand in my pocket, only to discover there was nothing there.  I had left my smokes at home in the GODDAMN Bathroom!!

Hell, the other night at work, I was in need of an energy boost, so I bought the last no-carb Monster that we had in stock.  I rang it up; paid for it, and when I went open it…the FUCKING tab broke off without opening the can.

I am not afraid to admit…I wept a bit.

There is hope however, and there is a bit of promise perhaps.

Due to my schedule at work, I have yet to see my kid play any of his High School basketball games this year.

This Tuesday if the weather is not too bad, and he doesn’t have to work at his “every day” job of snow removal and maintenance, Bill who works off and on for us, is going to work my evening shift, so that I may attend my son’s game…on my birthday no less.

While I find that very sweet of him, I know that given my track record in life, it ain’t going to happen.

Because…

Even if the weather is perfect and Billy Boy does show up?

As I am driving to my son’s game, with music cranked and a birthday smile upon my face, I will suddenly hear an explosion and a koo-lumpa-lumpa-lumpa sound a mile or so away from his school.

I will pull over to the side of the road, once again curse the Baby Jeebus, and begin to fix the flat tire…or the two flat tires, oh what the hell, I’ll fix all, GODDAMN FOUR flat tires.

Have a good weekend everyone, and enjoy the Super Bowl.  I’ll miss the first quarter because I am working, but I’ll get to see the rest of it.

Provided our TV doesn’t go on the shits, which...I'm sure it will.

Cheers!!

Matt-Man

Email:  neshobadude@yahoo.com
Twitter:  @mattmaniws    

10 comments:

dopdavid said...

haha oh no this reminds me that i have to file my taxes soon,
hope you run into some better luck down the road :P
although it does make for a funny story

Mike said...

That Jeebus is a funny guy.

Beth said...

Look on the bright side...you've got me! Bad example?

I'm With Stupid said...

Dop: I hope to run into some as well, but being run into by a bus is more likely. Thanks for comment, DD. Cheers!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: He's a regular Shecky Green, Mike. Cheers!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Beth: Oh Heaven's nooooo. That's a fine example. No, it really is. I mean it. Cheers Schmoop!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

I love that you left your cigs in the bathroom. Because if your toilet is about to overflow the first thing you should do is run and get your smokes! ha

At least you, like me, are the one breaking everything. Seems like everything I touch I destroy. I'm a very destructive person.

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Jayman: Ha. Hey Linus had his blanket and I have my smokes. They are my protector, and while I'm not destructive like you, I don't have much luck with simple AM/FM radios. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

xjd7410@gmail.com said...

coach factory outlet
longchamp le pliage
oakley canada
louis vuitton outlet online
michael kors outlet clearance
kobe 11
louis vuitton outlet
true religion sale
pandora outlet
toms outlet
fitflop sale
air max
oakley outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
tory burch shoes
concord 11
rolex watches
louis vuitton outlet
oakley sunglasses
replica watches
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
adidas superstar
louis vuitton outlet
gucci belts
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin outlet
oakley vault
nike air force 1
cheap jordans
louis vuitton outlet stores
chenyingying0709

xjd7410@gmail.com said...

coach factory outlet
longchamp le pliage
oakley canada
louis vuitton outlet online
michael kors outlet clearance
kobe 11
louis vuitton outlet
true religion sale
pandora outlet
toms outlet
fitflop sale
air max
oakley outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
tory burch shoes
concord 11
rolex watches
louis vuitton outlet
oakley sunglasses
replica watches
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
adidas superstar
louis vuitton outlet
gucci belts
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin outlet
oakley vault
nike air force 1
cheap jordans
louis vuitton outlet stores
chenyingying0709