What IWS Fans Are Saying

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Sucks, But It's Almost The Holidays


Hola Bitches! Well, it’s just about that time of year again. It’s almost Holiday Season. Despite the fact that I spend much of the Holiday Season depressed, there is a lot to love about the holidays. I’ve always loved the spirit of the season. I love the festive atmosphere, the decorations, the music, the general happiness and all that great stuff too. Unfortunately, it all starts with my third least favorite day of the year: Halloween.

After my birthday and April Fools’ Day, Halloween is the day I have the least use for. There is very little to like about Halloween. Basically there are only four things I like about Halloween:

1. Candy packaged in variety packs that you can’t get other times of the year.
2. The command performance put on by Jennifer Love Hewitt’s boobs in I Know What You Did Last Summer. They were spectacular.
3. SMARTIES!
4. Said candy variety packs being put on 50% off sale at Dollar General after Halloween is over.

That’s it. That’s the list! 

The rest I can do without. I don’t like scary movies. I don’t like costumes. I don’t like spooky shit of any kind. I’m already pissed that I’m going to see 5,000 people post pics of their babies dressed as bumble bees and all will pretend that they are the only ones who thought of it. Not you of course, your kid is cute as hell.

And their dogs! These people even dress their dogs up. Your dog is the one creature on this Earth that loves you unconditionally. He will never let you down. He will never leave you. He would put himself in front of a bullet or a speeding train to save you. And how do you repay him? You dress him up like Harry Potter or an Elf or some other shit. Then you take pics of him and post them on the net for everyone to laugh at and make fun your best, and probably only, friend in the entire world.

Oh sure, I’ll retweet those pics of your dog in his costume. Or I’ll post them on the official I’m With Stupid Tumblr. But, deep inside, I’ll feel really bad for the poor little puppy suffering such humiliation only because his only desire in life is to make you happy.

But, after Halloween is over things will begin to improve. As the days get shorter and colder and the football games get bigger and more meaningful, it will become time to start making Thanksgiving and Christmas plans. Mine are already made, weather permitting, of course. My plans are the same as every year. Thanksgiving with the family in Omaha, NE and a quiet and simple Christmas here in Redneckville, AR.

In between there will be decorating, baking fudge and cookies and watching all my favorite Christmas specials and movies. It’s such a special time of year. Hell, we might even dedicate a whole episode of I’m With Stupid internet radio show to happy shit. Maybe. We’ll see.

But, that’s all in the future still as I have to get through Halloween night first. I’ll put up the blackout curtains and ignore the begging children of Occupy Wall Street people who bang on the door even though my porch light won’t be on or anything like that. Then on Tuesday morning I will go out and see whether or not my car was egged or the air was let out of its tires by kids engaging in a little “mischief.” Only then will I be able to start looking forward to the Holidays and actually smile again.

--

Speaking of Halloween, we held out Halloween Creeptacular this weekend on I’m With Stupid. And boy was it! The show opened with a trailer for a soon to be released horror film loosely based on the lives of your humble hosts, Matt-Man and Jayman. Then we engaged in some witty banter, as usual, followed by talking Halloween and taking calls.

And, while Matt and I were bringing the creepy, Dana and Knight called in to bring the sexy! It turned out to be a pretty great show. Especially as Knight watched a certain “inappropriate” video and gave us a little play-by-play of the action. Let’s just say it was HAWT! But, in a totally family-friendly(ish) kind of way.

So, check out the show if you get the chance. We very much appreciate your support and love each and every one of you out there.

Listen to internet radio with Im With Stupid on Blog Talk Radio


14 comments:

Mike said...

'That’s it. That’s the list!'

But it's a great list. Especially #3.

I'm With Stupid said...

I looooove Jennifer Love Hewitt and a young Neve Campbell in Scream is pretty HOT too. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

Leigh Anne said...

I wish there was something for grown folks without children to do on Halloween besides dress like strippers and get trashed at bars. Frankly, I do that most weekends.

Halloween, much like New Year's Eve, is amateur night.

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: Lists should be short, but relevant to everyone's interests.

Jay

Kelly said...

I couldn't agree more! I even have kids and I can't stand this holiday. Great post. And on to the GOOD holidays!

I'm With Stupid said...

Matt-Man: As a fan of the show "Party of Five" I am a long time fan of both JLH and Neve. And, I still enjoy that dirty feeling I used to get watching them grow up.

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Jason: Why thank you for your kind and obviously heartfelt words. You are a man of excellent taste. ha

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Leigh Anne: And, your weekend activities is what makes you a special friend to us.

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Kelly: Darn right! Thank goodness I don't have kids. I would have to try to fake it for them. That would suck.

Jay

jack mehoff said...

@ leigh anne:

see for those of us with kids, we wanna come out and join amateur night. or at the very least stand at the end of the bar with drool unknowingly runing down our chin from starin at all the eye candy

jay, didnt realize you were from the same place as i - dont blame ya for gettin the hell out either

Gnetch said...

I'm just a hater of all holidays. Well because... you know. I'm that kind of person.

No, really! :p

I'm With Stupid said...

Jack: Oh, I'm not from there, I just have family who moved there years ago and refuses to leave. Actually, Omaha is where people of Redneckville go when we want to go somewhere exotic. ha! ;-)

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Gnetch: You keep trying to pretend that you're not a ray of Sunshine, but we all know better. ;-)

Jay

1904 Blogger said...

its true, just means were almost to the real holidays