What IWS Fans Are Saying

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Blogmas Day 11? Matt-Man's Favorite Christmas Songs

Jayman's bitchy girlfriend IF, ORDERED him to post his favorite Christmas songs yesterday, and out of brotherly solidarity, and much to Schmoop's chagrin, I have done the same today. In no particular order, here are my fave Yuletide songs...

A very traditional song, but with two hot babes singing, and the lead chick can belt it OUT, especially at the end. Here is Trans-Siberian Orchestra with Christmas Canon...



I like this song, but only this version...most versions of this song blow. Here's Baby Please Come Home by U2...



There are a couple of Christmas songs Chrissie and the boys did that are good, but this is my fave. 2,000 Miles by the Pretenders...



This band had a hit with "I Know What Boys Like" but this to me, is their signature song...A rap type song by The Waitresses with Christmas Wrapping...



If you don't like The Kinks, you are no friend of mine. Here they are with their awesome Christmas song, Father Christmas...



And while The Kinks sang their Christmas rock anthem about "kids who got nothing", the Godfather of Soul was doing the same. MISTER James Brown, take it away with, Santa Claus Go Straight to the Ghetto...



This song will make me cry if I am feeling melancholy and have had one too many Steel Reserves. Not really sad but it's his voice and his wish that the Christmas feeling lasted forever. My 4th favorite Canadian, Bryan Adams with, Something About Christmas Time...



And lastly, a Christmas offering from my 2nd favorite Canadian. It may be my favorite traditional Christmas song and here it is sung by the angelic voice of one, Sarah McLachlan with O Holy Night...



And there you have it...I could have listed a couple of repeats that Jay chose, such as Dolore O'Riordan and Der Bingle, but..there ya go. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, and as always you can reach me at...

Twitter at @MattMan_IWS

and

On Facebook at Matt-Man

No comments: