What IWS Fans Are Saying

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

We've Been Discovered!

Holaaaaaaaa y’all! So, this morning I was sitting around, eating my chocolate frosted Pop Tarts for breakfast and listening to some sports talk radio, you know, minding my own business when the Matt-Man alerted me to something …


Whoa! Someone from NBC Universal was right here on the blog? Reading our brilliant posts and probably listening to IWS Radio? How cool is that. In fact, the more I thought about it the more I realized that WE’VE BEEN DISCOVERED!

Hell yes! I’m sure it was someone from the Talent Scouting Department who was surfing the blog and comedy podcast world for new talent. It’s really not a surprise that they would find us. I mean, IWS Radio is the NUMBER ONE comedy show on BTR and as of the writing of this post we are #10 in the whole Entertainment Category!

You know what?? I bet they’re looking for someone for a new Prime Time show. Probably a comedy/variety type show similar to the old Dean Martin Variety Show. GAAAAAAAASP!!! …


The “I’m With Stupid Variety Hour” in Prime Time this fall on NBC????!!!!!

It’s perfect, right? It would basically be just like the radio show only on TV. We would open with a little witty banter between Matt and me in the first segment. Then during commercial break we would do a quick wardrobe change and come out and do reports from our correspondents and maybe even have a couple of them on satellite. Then we would interview a couple of celebrity guests, bring on a musical act, a stand-up comic and maybe do some improv comedy. We could get Russian Gypsy Punk band Leningrad to be our house band also.



Man, I can’t wait for this! We’ve been told that we can stay with our friend Jo until we find our own places in L.A. Of course, this apparently puts Matt’s eyebrows at risk, but he’s willing to make the sacrifice for the team.

Hell, I can’t believe they haven’t already emailed or called us with the news. Unless somebody other than Talent Scouting Department that was on the blog yesterday, but I don’t know who it could have been. If it wasn’t Talent then the only other possibility is …..  OH MY GAWWWWWDDDDDD Y’ALL!  It must have been ….


Of course! It’s obvious right? It was Lorne Michaels reading the blog and listening to IWS Radio and he wants us to do Weekend Update and probably other stuff on Saturday Night Live!!! It had to be! He probably spent the entire day going through all the IWS Radio archives and has instructed his people to start working on the contracts and all that shit. Wow! A dream come true! I really can’t wait!

Of course this means not staying with Jo. Hmmm … That is disappointing. Well, I guess we’ll just have to stay with Knight for a while instead! Hell yeah!


13 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

I am just overcome with feelings. I have longed for this, but now? Can I handle the pressure? Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

Edita said...

HELL YEAH!
Will you still remember me when you are all famous? :P

Edita
www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

Beth said...

It was bound to happen. You guys are awesome;)

Unknown said...

I was incredibly excited until I heard about the house band.

Gogol Bordello is the only Russian gypsy punk band that matters, and anyone who doesn't recognize that doesn't deserve their own NBC show.

Just for that, I hope it was Al Sharpton or Jay Leno cruising your site. So there...

I'm With Stupid said...

Edita: Remember you? Hell, we're taking you with us!!!!

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Beth: Awwww thanks. You're so sweet!

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Katy: It's fine to disagree on Leningrad, but I don't think the Al Sharpton blast was necessary at all. Very hurtful. ;-)

Jay

Mike said...

You know it was probably just the janitor at NBC on his break, right?

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: Always gotta be Mr. Negative huh? That's okay man, we'll still give you front row seats to the show. That's how cool we are.

Jay

Anonymous said...

Circle g probably put you over the top lmao

Knight said...

The BEST show on television!

Of course you are welcome to stay with me in my studio for as long as it takes you to get the variety show on air. As long as you guys don't mind that we all have to sleep in the same bed.

Anonymous said...

A person necessarily lend a hand to make seriously posts I'd state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this actual put up extraordinary. Fantastic activity!

Here is my webpage premature ejaculation treatment

I'm With Stupid said...

Knight: Thanks babe! I'm guessing Matt would prefer to sleep on the floor or maybe with the lonely old man down the hall. We'll figure it out.

Jay