What IWS Fans Are Saying

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Buddy Acapella...Moore, OK. Will Not Just Get Some of Me; They Will Get ALL of Me!!

Heyyyyyyyy guys and dolls!!  Resident IWS song stylist Buddy Acapella here for IWS Radio, and let me tell
ya, as those now long in the tooth, yet still talented, and recently reunited Brady Bunch kids would sing…

It’s A Sunshine Dayyyyyy.  Heyyyyyy!!  Unless of course…One lives in Moore, OK.

As you probably know by now, tragedy struck there yesterday in the form of a massive tornado, and the entire nation is grieving right along with the citizens of the community of Moore, OK., and I am no different.

I plan to do a benefit concert for those affected by this tragedy Friday June 7th-Sunday June 9th at the Yakov Smirnoff Theater in Branson, MO.

I hope to generate enough dollars to make up for the lack of Federal funds for Moore, OK. should Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) and Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) try to delay and or block federal monies to their own state like they did with federal relief funds to states affected by Hurricane Sandy.  Heyyyyyy!!

I may be but a superficial lounge singer with six pinkie rings, two dozen hair plugs, and yet no band behind me, but I’m not stupid, and I am quite the caring soul.  Just ask the bass guitarist, lead guitarist, and uber-sexy Nubian type female back-up singers whom have never played with me, sang with me, nor come at me.

Wait?  What?  Yes!!  Heyyyyyy!!

Five, six, seven, eight…It’s the least I can do…Anyway…

My soothing voice is the balm against the infestation of tears, tragedy, and heartache, and I am going to apply said soothing and lyrical balm, and allow the healing to begin at the Yakov Smirnoff Dinner Theater located at 470 State Highway 248 in warm and wonderful Branson, MO. on June 7th-June 9th from 8:00-10:00 PM (dinner seating is limited and starts at 7:00 PM., so reservations are strongly suggested.)

I have some carefully special and topical  tunes picked out for the victims and families affected by this devastating tornado.

I will be doing a sultry and blustery version of Frankie Laine’s They Call the Wind Mariah, as well as a bouncy, yet melancholy version of Gogi Grant’s, The Wayward Wind.

I have a powerful EF-5 list of special guests scheduled as well…

With candor, humor, and hand puppets, Sean Hannity will be there in order to tell everyone that they should not let their hearts be troubled, because at some point we will find out who in the Obama Administration was responsible for this meteorological debacle.

Half -Term Governor and patriot Sarah Palin will be on hand to let everyone know that while she was Governor of Alaska, not one tornado dared to threaten Anchorage or Barrow.

Rush Limbaugh will do a funny story about how the only looting that takes place in the aftermath of such an event is by the lone black person in the state of Oklahoma and how MSNBC makes him out to be a hero.

And rock and acapella to this my cool cats and hot diggity dolls, while waiting in line to get into my star spangled charity gig, you can revel in the entertainment of Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist gang holding signs that read…

“God’s Whirlwind of Destruction Was Brought on By the Breezy and Sleazy Lifestyle of Faggots!!”

It’s going to be a super-duper time, so order your tickets NOW.

For a five dollar discount on your ticket, go to Ticketmaster and type in the code word: IWS.

Until I see and sing to you again, this is Buddy Acapella.

Heyyyyyy!!

mattmaniws@ymail.com
@mattmaniws

4 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Buddy is a great American!

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Jayman: He's selfless, unwavering...a true Las Vegas patriot. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

Beth said...

I am so there! Buddy is dreamy;)

I'm With Stupid said...

Beth: He is dreamy, but not nearly as dreamy as Thomas A. Roberts. Cheers Schmooooop!!

Matt-Man