What IWS Fans Are Saying

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Luke 6:31

Another Hump Day.  Another show day for I’m With Stupid…and frankly, I have no idea where to begin, as I have so much going on right now.

So, how ‘bout we do a little Hump Day Hodgepodge, shall we?

We shall…

Remember last Tuesday when I helped Rick Santorum win Clark County, Ohio yet he lost the state of Ohio?

While disappointed, I am happy to say that my north of the Mason-Dixon Line Southern charm of which I have much, spread its Santorum to the states of Alabama and Mississippi.

Damn right…er…darn tootin’…Rick Santorum and his Deus Ex Campaign Machina lay waste to Mitt “I Love Cheesy Grits” Romney, just as David slew Goliath.

Praise Jesus, and pass me the states of Missouri and Louisiana, bitches…er…Harlots of Babylon.  The Tabernacle of the Santorum Covenant is visiting your holy voting booths and caucuses soon.

After his loss in Ohio, much like Lazarus, Santorum has been resurrected, and will, with his Christian soldiers, march onward.  Amen.

In addition to the good news of Santorum slaying the demon moneychanger that is Mitt, we were blessed with new windows here at the Bagwine Digs.

Very nice and I’d like to thank our window guy, Christian.


Ha, that’s right.  The name of the guy who put our windows in, is named Christian, or as the exchange went…

Me:  Can I get a picture of ya?
Window Guy:  Sure!!
Me:  What’s your name?
Window Guy:  Christian.
Me:  Seriously?
Christian:  Ha…Yeah, but you can call me Christ.
Me:  Ha…Excellent!!

And as Christ was installing our windows, pushing the limits of my pre-work nap, and as I had not eaten Monday night, I had to cook a couple of burgers for lunch.  He spoke to me from the outside world…

Christian:  Man, that smells good.
Me:  Back off, Christ; it’s my Last Supper, not yours.
Christian:  Ha.  That’s just not right, but I forgive you, my son.”

Evidently, window installer guys are a hoot.  I never knew that.

So, anyway….Yesterday was filled with Christ-Like happenings, and in fact, even at work something holy happened.

A fave customer of mine and my boss went in to the hospital two weeks ago.  He had an incredibly rough time and died.  He died three times, and was resuscitated three times.

We hadn’t seen him in nearly three weeks; we thought he was dead, but…

His youngest son brought him through the Beer Mine yesterday.


The owner and I were both happy to see the gruff old man who has always amusingly given us shit on a daily basis, and we right back at him, but the best thing?

While the guy (while getting better) is still weak and could not speak, his son said to us…

“He wanted me to take him through so he could see you guys.”

Let me tell you, my friends…When the son of the lovable old guy said that to us…

All of the laws of morality that Santorum wants to codify, all of the dictates that Pope Benedict XVI wants to dictate, and all of the societal pressure that Evangelicals want to impress upon people in the name of Christ faded away.

Whether one believes in Jesus or not, the spirit and philosophy of Christ was summed up by Luke, lo those many centuries ago:

“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

We have unto him.  He has unto us.  And…

It was the exclamation point on an already great day.

Cheers!!

Matt-Man

And remember kids...We go live today at 11 AM EDT on Blog Talk Radio.  We will be talking about the primaries, Mitt, and we have a new segment...It's gonna be huge. So join us at 11 AM EDT by clicking HERE.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Great post! Except for that whole Santorum shit;) You're starting to scare me!

I'm With Stupid said...

Beth: Hey now. If you hate Rick, you hate Jesus. Cheers Schmoop!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Sounds like you and Christian really hit it off. Like maybe you would like to do unto him what you want him to do unto you? I'm just sayin'. ;-)

Jay

Glass Half Full Gal said...

Love the convo with window boy; and especially, love the old man in the truck. Awesome that he came on back!

They don't make 'em, er, us like they did in his generation. :-)

I'm With Stupid said...

Glass Gal: No they don't. He's a hoot and we can't wait until he can once again come through every day and give us crap about our prices like he always has. Cheers Gal!!

Matt-Man

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

He died three times, and was resuscitated three times

Of course he did! It is as it should be in the Holy Trinity of Bagwine.

But would he have survived being pushed out ... errr ... attempting to escape a moving car??

(had to delete my typo containing first comment)

I'm With Stupid said...

Dana: The life giving power of Bagwine still amazes even I. Cheers Dana!!

Matt-Man