What IWS Fans Are Saying

Friday, January 27, 2012

Something Is Au Rotten Within the United States Department of Agriculture


This is Spuds Tuberosum for I’m…With…Stupid, and listen…

I have more than a few problems with the Obamas and the United States Department of Agriculture.

Tater Tot, by every slowly served Tater Tot, they are trying to limit the amount of starchy foods in school lunches, in favor of “more acceptable vegetables” such as brussel sprouts and broccoli.

Let me tell ya…

We potatoes Rawwwwwwk!!

We are a good source of Vitamins B6, C, Thiamine, and Niacin, and we have more than our fair share of Potassium working through us, as well as more than a little bit of Iron, to which I have to say…

Hey corn, move over and make room for the tuber, you winsome bitch.

And yet, while this go ‘round, the Obamas and the USDA have failed to stop our appearance in school lunches, my more than a few of my eyes have never seen such an attack on something as American as the potato.

I have never seen anything as un-American as attacking the potato since the days when The Brady Bunch was cancelled.

So goes Cindy Brady; so goes the Yukon Gold.

Listen President and Mrs. Obama, Secretary Vilsack, and my fellow Americans…This great nation was born and built on two staples of dietary ingestion, and two staples only…Meat and Potatoes.

Do you deciders of fortune in Washington, D.C. realize that if weren’t for the potato and it’s ensuing blight from dirty rot, taint, and curl, that today there would be nary a city in the United States that wasn’t well-manned by cops of Irish descent?

Sure, you talk a good game about the gloriosity of first responders, but you are trying to kill off the very life blood that brought them here.

I know, Mrs. Obama, you want to put an end to child obesity or whatever, but c’mon, who are we kidding?

You show me a kid who grows up eating bulgur wheat, brussel sprouts, and fruit during his or her formative years in elementary school, and I’ll show you a kid who gets his or her ass kicked every day by the time High School comes around.

Sad.

Seriously.  Do you suppose Daniel Boone passed on a twice baked potato in lieu of a half baked mention of asparagus with his deer brisket while running the gauntlet?

Do you think that Andrew Jackson said, “The Cherokee can stay where they are until I finish my sausage and endive casserole.”

Is it to be believed that on the day that the Berlin Wall came down, Ronald Reagan, said, “Man, I wish could celebrate the end of Communism by having a juicy steak with some fresh and slightly roasted eggplant.”

Ha-hooooo, I don’t think so.

No my friends, Boone ate raw potatoes while butchering the Shawnee…Jackson had French fries with his Trail of Tears entree, and the Gipper had several frozen patties of hash browns for every brick that came tumbling down.

So Real…So American…So Potato…

My friends…

From the Russet’s red glare to Yukon Golds bursting in air, I say to you…

Do not, like this administration has, dare to abandon the potato.

Totted, twice baked, or in chip form, we have, and always will be, here for you.

God Bless the potato, the National Potato Council, and above all…

God Bless the United States of America,

Spuds Tuberosum

Email:  neshobadude@yahoo.com
Twitter:  @mattmaniws

17 comments:

Fortune Cookies said...

Banish the nutrient rich potato, and classify pizza sauce as a vegetable. Makes perfect sense to me. -Save the Yukon Gold! Save the Idaho Russet! OK, you can take them nasty sweet 'taters, but for all that's good and wholesome, please, man, please SAVE the little red potato!!

I'm With Stupid said...

Fortune: Preach it Sister!! Long may the fertile soil of the Gem State produce her abundant yield of the beauty and deliciousness that is the potato!! Cheers Fortune Cookies!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

LEAVE POTATOES ALONE!

If they ban potatoes in school lunches where does it end? How long before I can no longer drunkenly wander into a Waffle House at 3 AM and have some wonderful scattered, smothered and covered Hash Browns with my eggs and bacon?

Without the hash browns there won't be much reason to go at all. I'm afraid the aging former stripper waitresses with soulless eyes just won't be enough of a draw.

Jay

I'm With Stupid said...

Jayman: Greasy, scattered, smothered, and covered Hash Browns at Waffle House have no equal. They are a beautiful thing. Cheers Jayman!!

Matt-Man

MysteryChick said...

This Irish chick has no less than 4 types of potatoes on her shelf. Leave the friggin potatoes alone!

Have you seen the new size of the Happy Meal fries? I know that obesity is an issue these days but shouldn't it be the issue of the person who is actually obese. I have put on a few pound in the last month but it's not McDonalds fault or the potatoes fault. It's my fault for not putting the food down and doing something else.

It won't be long before congress has to pass a bill that reminds us all to take a breath when we need it.

OK, I'm done now. :)

I'm With Stupid said...

Chick: God Bless Ya....From one Irish to another, nothing beats potatoes. I could eat them three times a day, everyday. And yeah, here's to personal responsibility. Cheers Hot Stuff!!

Matt-Man

Mike said...

Hey Spuds. When I was a kid and mom was peeling you I used to get piece and eat you raw.

Jo said...

So you cook up some mini meatballs, pack each one in mashed potatoes, roll 'em in seasoned flour & deep-fry. Add some dippin sauce: HEAVEN!

I'll fight for you Mr. Potatooooo!

Betty said...

Way ta go, Ma-er-Spuds! My Irish/English grandparents had a mashed potato side dish for dinner every day of their lives and they were itty-bitty people! President Obama should have more important things to do than to monitor school lunches, for cryin' out loud. Next thing you know, McDonald's and Burger King will have to serve broccoli spears with their burgers. Yuck!

I'm With Stupid said...

Mike: Y'know. I always that was disgusting. Cheers Mike!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Jo. Ohhhhh Baaaaby!! That's sounds fantastic. Cheers Hot Stuff!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Betty: Now see? why can't we have more people in this world with your common sense? Potatoes Uber Alles!!
Cheers!!

Matt-Man

yanmaneee said...

lebron james shoes
golden goose sneakers
supreme clothing
yeezy boost 350 v2
golden goose
curry 8 shoes
moncler jackets
offwhite
yeezy boost 350
kyrie irving shoes

pathiez said...

our website replica bags online you can look here Ysl replica handbags my sources gucci replica handbags

tashootheaush said...

lien du site Web Valentino Dolabuy cliquez pour en savoir plus Dolabuy Gucci vérifier mon site www. dolabuy.co

Anonymous said...

kobe
yeezy 350
jordan outlet
yeezy shoes
off white outlet
palm angels t shirt
hermes birkin
supreme outlet
yeezy boost 350
golden goose sneakers

Anonymous said...

yeezy shoes
hermes outlet
yeezy 350
goyard store
nike sb
kd shoes
fear of god outlet
jordan outlet
supreme new york
supreme new york